Hi guys and game developers!
A lot of time we received emails about how to prepare the Game Launch. We prepered 20 tips inspired by a very famous books for Startups, "The $100 Startup" by Chris Guillebeau!
- Be sure that your game has something that makes it different from other games.
- Choose a prize for the first players, however small.
- Is the game launch going to be interesting?
- Did you record a Video about it?
- Are potential players excited for the launch of this game?
- Share the release date (day and hour) in advance.
- Check the description of your game, the selected images and the video over and over.
- If you add External Links, check them out as well.
- Try to download and start your game, multiple times, on multiple devices.
- Share the description and images with your friends. Ask them for feedbacks.
- Did you create banners, artworks and extra images to promote it (if you could have)?
- Choose a goal to reach (number of players, followers, comments, etc.).
- Reply to all of your emails before the day of the launch.
- That same day, write a short and incisive message and send it to your friends, as well as to magazines, blogs, YouTubers and streamers.
- The day before your game launches, prepare a post to write on your Social Networks.
- Write to the first 5 players that play your game, thank them, and ask them for feedbacks.
- When the game is up, write once again to your friends, as well as to magazines, blogs, YouTubers and streamers.
- As soon as the game is up, make a post about it on your Social Networks
- Write a message to thank your players.
- Have fun, and prepare yourself for the next game!
Any other tips?